Since the amalgamation of South Eastman and Central RHA’s, the Rat River Health Council 2008 meets annually with the CAO and Managers, in an effort to continue addressing issues that would prevent the St. Pierre Medical Clinic, the St. Malo Satellite Clinic and the De Salaberry District Health Centre from providing the best health care services possible to the majority of residents in the Rat River Corridor. The results are specific actions to be taken in the following year:
December 2012 - Roles Each Party Will Play in Moving Towards the Vision in 2013
- Recruit physicians who “fit” the community and practice site.
- Contact individuals from the community who have or are currently studying medicine.
- Define the practice environment in detail i.e. contract, rota, EMR, etc. so those who are interested will have a better idea of what they are getting into.
- Define the community environment in detail i.e. schools, recreation, other health care providers, etc. so they can participate in the community
- Incorporate the information into a recruitment piece that can be utilized by both the RHA and the community. This will represent a collaborative effort, and the reciprocal exchange of information will ensure that it is current and accurate.
December 2013 – Roles Each Party Will Play in Moving Towards the Vision in 2014
- Complete website and printed promotional piece, to be available early 2014.
- Compile list of individuals from the area studying to be health care professionals.
- Continue development of partnerships with Foundation and area municipalities.
- Explore funding for an additional nurse practitioner position.
Southern Health – Santé Sud:
- Development of baseline data from clinic and health facilities to help in setting goals.
- Divert people presenting to ER during clinic hours to clinic, if this is most appropriate treatment.
- Communicate with community for assistance with recruitment efforts i.e. Rural Week, site visits.
November 2014 – Roles Each Party Will Play in Moving Towards the Vision in 2015
- Promote our clinics, encouraging residents to have a family practitioner and regular physicals.
- Look at ways of increasing number of patients using our clinics.
- Promote new web site through various methods.
- Communicate with those responsible for recruitment in Southern Health – Santé Sud.
- Provide feedback from community to Southern Health-Santé Sud to help measure progress.
- Continue supporting clinic manager and staff as Advanced Access Program is implemented.
- Encourage greater communication with Community Health Services.
- Change ‘Health Corner’ to ‘Health Promotion’ so it better reflects the programming.
Southern Health–Santé Sud:
- Ensure correct baseline data of number of patients for each MD/NP.
- Measure progress towards increasing number of patients.
- Work towards development of baselines to determine if clinic is reaching goals.
- Work towards successful implementation of Advanced Access Program which should be fully functional in March.
- Continue communicating with community about their assistance with recruitment efforts.
- Use new web site for purposes of providing more accurate information about the facility and the community and assist in providing correct information.